- Base install, no third party or downloading updates, use liveCD to configure proxies for system & wget in /etc
- Install guest additions.
- Reboot, configure proxies in system and for wget in /etc, update/upgrade
- Enable proposed updates and backports, upgrade
- Add restricted extras, sun java (-w- fonts), gvim, remove openjdk (can't function without gvim)
- Install Dropbox
- Add repository for svn build of wireshark, install wireshark, tshark
- Add repository for gtk rgba, update/upgrade
- Add repository for Ubuntu Tweak, update/upgrade
- Add repository for Emerald, did update/upgrade (did not install emerald)
- Install compiz settings manager, compiz/fusion plugin extras
- Install gtk2-engines-nodoka gtk2-engines-aurora gtk2-engines-equinox
- installed Murrine7 theme
- Opened compiz settings, turned on blur windows. Changed to Murrine7 theme. Blurring worked. Changed blurring to gausian. Tailed .xsession-errors while doing this step.
- Installed Emerald, used emerald --replace to use it.
- Installed Fusion Icon & plugins, Win2-7 icon theme. So far so good.
Thursday, July 7, 2011
Been installing Natty on Virtualbox, and this is a summarized order of what I've been doing:
Posted by John at 10:05 AM